Thursday 5 May 2011

Jones vs. Evans: Xtreme Couture coach Melanson would love to work with Rashad

The opinions are swirling on who comes out on top when Rashad Evans and Jon Jones step into the Octagon. The former teammates are on a collision course after Evans decided to leave, the only team he's known, Jackson's Submission Fighting in Albuquerque. Evans, who will challenge Jones for his UFC light heavyweight title, is training with camps in both Denver and Florida.

When we stopped by Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas to talk about this teammate versus teammate thing, the grappling coach Neil Melanson surprised us by saying he'd like to get Evans to Vegas.

"I feel my style of coaching is perfect for him," Melanson said (3:15 mark). "He's a wrestler and I've got a lot of experience with the wrestlers here. I think I can help him. He's really good already, but I would like to see him finish and I know he can finish on the ground."

From talking to some folks around Xtreme Couture it sounds like Jones' favorite status at minus-500 is a bit out of whack. Plenty of folks think he's got a good shot at taking the strap from the phenom.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Jones-vs-Evans-Xtreme-Couture-coach-Melanson-w?urn=mma-wp1446

Randy Couture Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira Brock Lesnar Frank Mir

No comments:

Post a Comment