Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Truth About Knowing When to Walk Away

Filed under: , ,

In the weeks leading up to the night he was supposed to formally announce his retirement from professional fighting, Frank Shamrock kept telling himself that he wasn't going to go through with it. Not really. Not now.

It was classic Kübler-Ross Model stuff, he realized afterward, and not without reason.

"For me, it really was like a death," Shamrock said. "I went through the various phases. At first it was disbelief. I'd think, I'm not really going to do it. But then, I am feeling like I should do it. Second was, once I started moving in that direction, I didn't really want to do it. I thought maybe I could change it and do something different. Then after a couple weeks, I finally accepted it. I knew I had already made that decision and started it, so I had to accept it. That was the crying phase."

Source: http://mmafighting.com/2011/05/10/the-truth-about-knowing-when-to-walk-away/

Mauricio Rua Dave Menne Murilo Bustamante Evan Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment